The most significant and economical approach is to rank high for your preferred keywords on the main search engines like "Google"/"Bing"/"Yahoo" and etc in "organic" or "natural" searches (as disparate to paid ads). Search engines send robot "spiders" to index the content of your website or Blog, so let us begin with steps to prepare your Website-Blog pages for optimal indexing. The strategy here is not to ploy the search engines, but to leave them abundant clues as to what your website or Blog is about. This approach is called "Search Engine Optimization" abbreviated as SEO.
1. Write a Keyword-Rich Page Title: Write a descriptive title for each page -- rich in keywords you want people to find you with -- using 5 to 8 words.
2. Write a Description META Tag: Some search engines include this description below your hyperlinked title in the search results.
3. Include Your Keywords in Headers: (H1, H2, H3). Search engines consider keywords that appear in the page headline and sub heads.
4. Position Your Keywords in the First Paragraph of Your Body Text: Search engines expect that your first paragraph will contain the important keywords for the document.
5. Include Descriptive Keywords in the ALT Attribute of Image Tags. The ALT attributes do help get your images ranked higher for image search.
6. Use Keywords in Hyperlinks: Search engines are looking for clues to the focus of your webpage.
7. Make Your Navigation System Search Engine Friendly: You want search engine robots to find all the pages in your site.
8. Create a Site Map. A site map page with links to all your pages can help search engines (and visitors) find all your pages.
9. Develop WebPages Focused on Each Your Target Keywords: SEO specialists no longer recommend using external doorway or gateway pages.
10. Fine-tune with Careful Search Engine Optimization:. Frankly, this kind of SEO fine-tuning is time-consuming, painstaking work that takes a lot of specialized knowledge.
11. Promote Your Local Business on the Internet: These days many people search for local businesses on the Internet.
12. Promote Your Video, Images, and Audio Content: Google's "universal search" displays not only webpage content, but also often displays near the top of the page relevant listings for images, videos, local businesses and audio clips.
13. Submit Your Site to Key Directories: Since a link from a directory will help your ranking -- and get you traffic. A directory is not a search engine. Rather, it is a hierarchical listing of sites sorted according to category and subcategory.
14. Submit Your Site to Trade Organization Sites and Specialized Directories: Some directories focused on particular industries, such as education or finance.
15. Request Reciprocal Links: Find websites in your general niche and request a reciprocal link to your site.
16. Write Articles for Others to Use in Websites and Newsletters: You can dramatically increase your visibility when you write articles in your area of expertise and distribute them to editors as free content for their e-mail newsletters or their websites.
17. Issue News Releases: Find newsworthy events and send news releases to print and Web periodicals in your industry.
18. Begin a Business Blog: Want links to your site? Begin a business blog on your website, hosted on your own domain.
19. Become Part of a Social Media Community: Some of the best online communities for business include Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
20. Promote Your Site in Online Forums and Discussion Lists: "Old school" social media.
21. Ask Visitors to Bookmark Your Site: It seems simple, but ask visitors to bookmark your site or save it in their Favorites list.
22. Include Your URL on Stationery, Cards, and Literature: Make sure that all business cards, stationery, brochures, and literature contain your company's URL.
23. Promote using traditional media: Don't discontinue print advertising that you've found effective.
24. Develop a Free Service: It's boring to invite people, "Come to our site and learn about our business." It's quite another to say "Use the free kitchen remodeling calculator available exclusively on our site".
25. Install a "Signature" in your E-Mail: Program to help potential customers get in touch with you.
26. Publish an E-Mail Newsletter: While it requires a commitment of time, creating a monthly e-mail publication is one of the most important promotion techniques.
27. Aggressively Ask for E-Mail Sign-ups: If you want to get subscribers to your e-mail newsletter, you'll need to work hard at it.
28. Send Transactional and Reminder E-Mails: A transactional e-mail is sent to an existing customer to initiate, remind, confirm, or thank the person. Be creative.
29. Send Offers to Your Visitors and Customers: Your own list of customers and site visitors who have given you permission to contact them will be your most productive list.
30. Exchange E-Mail Mentions with Complementary Businesses: You might consider exchanging e-mail newsletter mentions with complementary businesses to reach new audiences.
31. Announce a Contest. People like getting something free: If you publicize a contest or drawing available on your site, you'll generate more traffic than normal.
32. Devise Viral Marketing Promotion Techniques: So-called viral marketing uses existing communication networks to spread the word exponentially.
33. Advertise in an E-Mail Newsletter: Some of the best buys are small text ads in e-mail newsletters targeted at audiences likely to be interested in your products or services.
34. Begin an Affiliate Program: Essentially, a retailer's affiliate program is a CPA program that pays a commission to other site owners whose links to the retailer's products result in an actual sale.
35. Purchase Pay Per Click: (PPC) ads with Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, or Microsoft AdCenter.
36. List Your Products with Shopping Comparison Bots and Auction Sites. If you're an online merchant, you'll want to consider this.
37. Rent targeted, commercial e-mail lists: The last Website Blog promotion technique I will mention is renting targeted e-mail lists to send mass emails simultaneously.
Anyways you have to have patience for promoting your Blog or Website. By following the above mentioned website promotion strategies the time taken for Search engines to crawl your Website or Blog will be reduced. Once your Website or Blog reached the top in search engines, do not settle in happy, you have to keep on working in these 37 Steps to promote Website-Blog and keep your Website or Blog position in same position I.e. Rank 1.